Transition from home care to residential

Is there another ACAT assessment done if a person has already been assessed for home care & then needs to go into permanent residential care - or is the original ACAT assessment establishes an entry point & transition to permanent residential only requires completion of the Permanent Residential Aged Care Request for Combined A & I Assessment form

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for your question. It is our understanding that a second ACAT needs to be done to confirm the move from Home Care to permanent residential care. People’s circumstances change. In this case, something has changed that has made Home Care no longer suitable and the need for permanent residential care more appropriate. Yes another ACAT needs to be booked in. We hope this helps.