Rent assistance NSW a retirement village & an Over 55’s and strat fees on units

Hi, my brother is on a disability pension and is looking to move from the family home into a retirement village or over 55’s, or possibly purchase a small unit or flat or apartment.
I believe he will get rent assistanc**e on fees in over 55s and retirement villages.
But I think if he buys a unit or flat outright that has strata fees , that rent assistance will NOT be available from Centrelink. Are you able to help advise regarding this?
Thanks so much