Reducing means

Hi ,
my mother needs to pay for respite care .
This will reduce the money in her account.
Will the reduced amount be used when she is assessed as to whether or not she is a low means resident ? She is likely to enter as a permanent resident at the end of 2 weeks repite

Thanks for the advice

Thanks so much for that

Hi Vicki, Thanks for your enquiry. Finances around Residential Aged Care are always a bit complicated. The amount of income and assets is calculated from the time of you submitting your Aged Care Calculation form. More information on this form can be found through Services Australia at or you can call 1800 227 475.Hope things go smoothly for you and your mum. We hope this helps.