No assets

I don’t have any assets and only income is aged pension
when doing the calculation it says I just have to pay the daily fee approx $50 a day which is what the aged pension is.

How do I establish which aged care homes accept fully supported beds?

Hi Robm,
It is likely. There are many people in your position and they do find beds. I think you will just have to be persistent in your search, but the beds are there. The best first step is to make a short list of places that you work for you and to start with lots of phone calls.
All the best,
the agedcare101 team.

Thank you. In your experience how likely will it be to actually find a funded bed?
Is it rare as I assume homes would prefer self funded beds so extras can be upsold.

Hi Robm,
Thanks for your question. The first thing that you need to do is to book in an ACAT. They will assess you to make sure that being in a nursing home is the best solution for you. Once you have had the ACAT assessment, then the best thing to do is to pick up the phones and start calling aged care homes that you would like to be in. In theory, any aged care home that accepts government subsidies are also required to have beds aside for fully funded residents, but as you can imagine they do fill up. When you call, explain that you have had an ACAT and that you would be a fully funded resident and ask if they have availability. If you don’t have your acat done, you might find that the first the “have you had your ACAT?” Which is why it is important to have it done before you call. We hope this helps,
the agedcare101 team.