Income and assets test

Do I need to get an income and assets test completed in order for my Mum to be accepted into an aged care home?

Its not compulsory to have completed the combined income and assets test before your Mum can go into an aged care home and sometimes you don’t have time to wait. However, if you want the government to contribute to your care costs, you must have an income and assets test. If you don’t, you will not receive any government subsidy towards the costs of your aged care and you will be asked to pay the full amount yourself. You can find out more information on agedcare101 income and asset