Enduring power of attorney and enduring guardian

What is an enduring power of attorney? Is that the same thing as an enduring guardian?

Hi Anitab,Thanks for your question and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you are able to, it would be a good idea - it would certainly make things smoother with any future banking transactions.We hope this helps,the agedcare101

I have an EPOA for both my parents who are now going into an aged care facility. Even though it says it covers financial decisions on their behalf do I still need to be added to their bank account to allow me to make payments on their beh

Excellent free booklet that explains things in very simple terms “Take Control” Remember DO NOT STAPLE any legal forms you print out and use - reason that it can suggest there are possibly missing pages later when submitting for probate free to download at Take control of your future decision-making: an introduction

No they are very different.An enduring power of attorney is a formal document that appoints a trusted person such as a family member or friend (referred to as the attorney) to make financial, legal and property decisions on your behalf in the event that you lose the mental capacity to do so yourself. You can appoint more than one enduring power of attorney. An enduring guardian is a trusted person who you appoint to make lifestyle decisions on your behalf if you lose the capacity to do so yourself due to illness or accident.These decisions could include where you live, what services are offered to you at home and what medical treatments you are given including palliative care and life-extending treatments. In some states such as New South Wales and Tasmania, an enduring guardian can also be authorised to make medical and health decisions for you.